Driving Licence Applications
We recommend that you order your provisional Driving Licence from the Post Office as there are many false websites out there charging you the earth.
If you have not held a driving licence before you must complete a: D1 Application for an ordinary driving licence.
Forms D1 along with an information leaflet INF1D can be ordered online from www.direct.gov.uk/motoring . Alternatively they are available from Post Office branches, Traffic Area Offices, DVLA or any of its local offices.
Use forms D1 to obtain:
- Provisional Licence (Learner drivers).
- Full Licence.
- Duplicate Licence.
- New licence after losing it for health reasons.
- New Licence after being disqualified.
- Renew your Licence.
- Remove out of date endorsements or suspension details.
- Exchange your Licence.
The current cost of a provisional licence is £50.00
To exchange your EEA/EC licence £50.00
You may apply online for a first British provisional driving licence if you:
- Are a resident of Great Britain.
- Can meet the minimum age requirement.
- Can meet the minimum eyesight requirement.
- Are currently not prevented from driving for any reason.
- Can pay £50.00 by MasterCard, Visa, Maestro, Electron, Delta or Solo debit or credit card.
- Have a valid UK passport or another form of identity.
- Can provide addresses of where you have lived over the last three years.
DVLA aim to deliver your driving licence to you within three weeks of receiving your application. It might take longer if DVLA have to check on your health or personal details